What are creator view rewards? What do creators earn for views?
We want creators to create quality content that other LBRY users will enjoy and to be able to earn at a comparable or greater amount to alternatives.
If you publish quality original content, you may be eligible to receive additional rewards for views from validated lbry.tv accounts on behalf of us. These tips are separate from tips your followers may issue independently and ineligibility does not mean the content is demonetized.
How creator view rewards work
LBRY tracks views from lbry.tv users and other clients. When a user views your content that is reward-verified, we will automatically send an LBC tip for each of their daily first ten views.
Creators will see these on their wallet page as Tips (filter on Received + Tips) and they will be summed up monthly on the Rewards page under
Content View Tips: Month Year. You may unlock the tips to have the show in your balance, but while locked, they help your content be discovered.
Requirements and disqualifications
Not all accounts are eligible for tips.
Existing YouTube synced channels with over 500 subscribers and other established creators on LBRY are automatically opted in.
In order for your account to qualify for view rewards, it must meet the following requirements:
- The majority of the content must be original content in video or audio form (we will expand to other formats later).
- The content and channel must be properly tagged.
- The account must be at least a week old.
Typical disqualifications include:
- Spamming LBRY comments with your channel / content.
- Participation in follow-for-follow / view-for-view activity on LBRY and other public/private chats.
- Non-original, spam, manipulative, abusive, or other quality issues with your content.
- Majority of content is non video/audio.
LBRY reserves the right to disable view rewards on any account, similar to other rewards.
I'm eligible but not receiving tips, what can I do?
We will monitor for new channels to opt in automatically. If you've met the above requirements and are not getting tips for viewed content, please reach out to via email and tell us more about your channel and content. This will later be made clearer in the app and automated via an opt in process.
I'm in need of some assistance, can you help?
Of course, we are always here to help! Check out our help page on how to reach us.
See a mistake? Edit this page on GitHub.